So here is this year’s list for the top ten banned books.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
- Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi (Pantheon Books/Knopf Doubleday)
- The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison (Holt, Rinehart, and Winston)
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky (MTV Books/Simon & Schuster)
- Drama, by Raina Telgemeier (Graphix/Scholastic)
- Chinese Handcuffs, by Chris Crutcher (Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins)
- The Giver, by Lois Lowry (HMH Books for Young Readers)
- The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros (Vintage/Knopf Doubleday)
- Looking for Alaska, by John Green (Dutton Books/Penguin Random House)
I haven’t read any of these. Come to think about it, I haven’t read any banned books lately. Hmm. I guess I need to get back on my evil streak.